Category Archives: Game Reviews
Skyforge is a 3D third person sci-fi MMORPG with fantasy elements and action oriented combat. The game is set on a planet called Aelion that features both persistent and instanced zones. Players start off as powerful immortals and can eventually ascend to become a god.
Release Date: July 16, 2015
PvP: Duels / Arenas
Pros: +Gorgeous Sci-fi environments. +Unique skill system. +Varied PvP options. +Multi classing system.
Cons: -Weak story/lore. -Unorthodox user interface. -Weekly experience caps.
Skyforge is a sci-fi themed action MMORPG with a third person camera set in the world of Aelion. The game bills itself as an “AAA Sci-Fi Fantasy MMORPG” and features a large variety of classes (13) with a unique multi-classing system. Players can develop every class on a single character without ever needing to make “alts”. With numerous late game 10 man raids, several PvP options, and a massive skill tree progression system (Ascension Atlas) Skyforge looks promising.
Skyforge Key Features:
- Ascension Atlas Progression – Thousands of different ways to customize and “build” a character.(Looks like Path of Exile‘s skill system or the Sphere Grid in FFX).
- Multi Class System – Players can switch between any of the game’s 13 classes at will. All classes can be leveled on the same character.
- Varied PvP options – Numerous maps with 6 – 24 players. Free-for-all, Team Deathmatch, Payload, and Capture the Flag modes available.
- High production value – Great visuals, interface, and music.
- Unique Variety of Weapons – From traditional SMGs and Assault Rifles to Dual weapons.
Armored Warfare is a 3D tactical tank battling MMO set in modern times with realistic graphics and gameplay. Like other tank battling MMOs, Armored Warfare places a huge emphasis on teamwork and strategic play.
Publisher: My.com (Mail.ru Group)
Type: Tank Shooter
Release Date: October 8, 2015
Pros: +Modern setting. +PvE and PvP options. +Unique micromanagement features.
Cons: -Secondhand tech tree. -Some wonky animations. -Poor tutorial. (I’m guessing they will work on this as the game continues to gain traction.)
Armored Warfare Overview
Armored Warfare is a realistic modern day tactical military game with a strong emphasis on realism. The game was definitely inspired by the success of ‘World of Tanks‘, but Unlike World of Tanks, Armored Warfare is set in modern times. Players will wage war across various unique terrains from deserts to forests to frigid icelands. Given the game’s commitment to realism, different terrains will impact vehicle speed and maneuverability. Players who get their tank turrets damaged will also suffer from decreased accuracy and if damaged further will be unable to fire for a duration.
Armored Warfare Key Features –
- Modern Setting – battle in modern military hardware like the M1 Abrams Tank. Tanks from the 1950s till modern day are available.
- Destructible Environments – fight across a wide range of environments, from verdant jungles to sun-stroked deserts, where nearly every object can be destroyed.
- Micromanagement Features – your crew gains experience and acquires unique talents while constructing your base using raw materials allots special bonuses to your stats.
- Customization System – Each vehicle type has its own unique perk and players can customize their tanks.
- Anti Griefing System – friendly fire / ramming will be punished.
- 5 Vehicle Classes – Main Battle Tanks (MBTs), Armored Reconnaissance Vehicles (AFVs), Light Tanks, Tank Destroyers, and Artillery.